This year's Media & Learning Conference taking place on 6-7 April 2017 in Brussels will feature a dedicated symposium on the innovative use of video in higher education.
The symposium agenda will revolve around these core themes
- Measuring the success of educational video with learning analytics
- Innovating learning experiences with 3D, 4K, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Different video-based formats; including web documentaries, MOOCs and different forms of knowledge capture
- Scalability and infrastructure ttaking into account the explosion of data, coping with large amounts of student generated content and the need for scalability through, for example, one-button recording by academics
- Getting the most out of video in a pedagogical context - learning from the research community
- Effective assessment practices for video-based learning
- Enhancing what you get from video through, for example, transcriptions, translations, metadata extraction and facilitating search
Find out more on the conference website.