The Media & Learning Conference will be held on 6-7 April 2017. Organised under the banner title of Learning Media for Digital Citizenship, this year’s conference will be all about inspiring, informing and sharing great ideas about what it means to become a digital citizen and how media fits into this learning process.
Core themes for 2017 :
- Students as mobile or citizen journalists, schemes promoting fact-checking and ethical reporting
- Understanding students’ online engagement and influence through vlogging and other practices
- Building competences and skills amongst students to become multimedia learning content creators
- Enhancing critical thinking at school through effective media literacy strategies and resources
- Supporting capacity building amongst teachers in the use of all types of media including social media
- Fostering digital inclusion making sure all students become competent digital citizens
- Engaging learners with media support, exploring possibilities and sharing best practices and open resources
- Exploring effective ways to encourage responsible digital citizenship in schools from an early age.
Deadline for receipt of proposals for the conference agenda 1 December 2016, find out more from our website.